Monday, June 15, 2009

First Belly Shot



This was taken at 10 weeks 2 days. Though my belly has popped out quite alot over the last week, this is also what I look like after Christmas lunch with all the trimmings. Well, maybe not quite. I'm feeling quite alot of pulling, pinching and tugging these days - probably indicates all sorts of stretching going on. By this Thursday at 11 weeks the babies will be the size of limes.

Next week we have our ultrasound with my regular OB but we've also been booked in for our first trimester screen on the 25th at exactly 12 weeks. This will be done at the perinatologist's office. It's the nuchal translucency ultrasound and bloodwork that goes with it. I'm looking forward to meeting with the peri (high risk OB) and already have a long list of questions......

In terms of the sickness, I had a really good weekend with a long stretch of no nausea or vomiting and was even able to leave the house a couple of times for a few hours. It was good to be out and about again. Today I'm not feeling quite as good, but still better than I have been. Perhaps dropping the estrogen tablets and the progesterone shot is helping, coupled with moving swiftly towards the second trimester.

9 comments:

  1. What a cute belly! I am so happy and excited for you! I want you to start feeling better soon and begin to really enjoy all the huge changes that are coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, what a cute belly! Glad to hear you had a nausea-free weekend, hope you have many more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful photo - Huge congratulations to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good grief, girl, you appear to be pregnant!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful sight...love that belly on ya!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have beautiful baby bump!!! So happy for you....sounds like you may be turning the corner with the nausea soon...xooxox

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your photo makes me feel a bit better about what I thought was my lack of a belly because what I've got looks about like what you've got. Did you start out with a flat stomach, though? You must've because your arms are nice and slender. Hope you're feeling better. My first tri screen is the 29th.

    Kathleen/Teachrun67

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wha! This is great full blog i like this type blog. Deferentially http://top-10-writers.com/ this blog have this quality big cost, special effects, thank for sharing this blog.

    ReplyDelete