Thursday, May 14, 2009

Feeling Sick

There's nothing much to report this week, other than that my hormone levels have gone up. My E2 rebounded from the drop last week, back up to 737 on Monday and my P4was up to 74.4. Since it was steady at around 59 for a couple of weeks and we made no change in the doses, this could mean that the placenta has started to kick in with its own hormone regulation. I have another hormone check next Tuesday at the same time as the ultrasound and then the weaning starts.

I've started feeling more and more nauseous since Sunday. I suspect this is the infamous "morning sickness" which is supposed to start at about 6 weeks: I'm at 6 weeks today. Mine obviously started a bit earlier, at 5w3d. It seems to be getting worse now, lasting almost all day. I can barely take my supplements or eat anything, but once I do eat, I feel better for a little while. Once again, I'm very happy I work from home and am not having to travel at the moment. I can't imagine feeling like this on the road or in the office.

I have all the common symptoms: sore boobs, some minor cramping here and there, a stronger sense of smell, fatigue and really strange, vivid dreams. The one last night was about former President Bill Clinton cleaning our kitchen floor. I won't even attempt to interpret that one......

We're excited and terrified in equal measures about Tuesday's ultrasound; it can't get here soon enough.

6 comments:

  1. Hahaha - Bill Clinton cleaning your kitchen floor!!! I can't help but wonder what kind of "stains" he'd be trying to remove!! LOL.

    Sorry MS found you, but if it means a healthy good pg, bring it on, right?

    When is your first u/s?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited about your u/s! Are you going nuts? Or maybe trying to focus on keeping food down instead? lol. I know we always say "bring it on!" when it comes to pregnancy symptoms, but it would be nice not to have morning sickness. Hey, at least you know you've got a bun in the oven causing all these problems!

    ReplyDelete
  3. MS is a good sign even though you are having all sorts of problems eating and getting your supplements down. I hope that it goes away for you quickly and that all is well for your u/s!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always said that I'd take m/s anyday... but my friend who overcame IF said that IF does not make m/s any more welcoming, miserable is miserable. I'm sorry that it found you. I hope it's a very quick and painless period for you. Can't wait to hear your u/s results!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the bill dream - how funny. I hope tuesday gets here asap and I am looking forward to your update

    ReplyDelete